Business Essentials for Scientists (BES) (2 ECTS) is an introductory course on commercialisation and business development in academia aimed at doctoral students at ÅAU and UTU.
Come listen to entrepreneurs, researchers and other professionals with first-hand experience in:
- Starting your own company
- Pitching (how to present your research/idea)
- How to find financing for your startup
- Immaterial rights and tech transfer
- Working outside the academic sector
- Selling, and why it is important
The course will be held on: 10.10., 12.10, 17.10., 19.10., 24.10. and 26.10. Lectures and workshops are organised between 12:00 and 17:30 – a detailed schedule will be available later for participants, who have been accepted to the course. We’re serving coffee and snacks during the day.
Maximum 10 participants from UTU and other 10 participants from ÅAU will be selected based on a short motivation letter. No previous studies in entrepreneurship or business required.
Apply by September 11 via e-form: https://survey.abo.fi/lomakkeet/9025/lomake.html
Applicants will receive confirmation of the participation by September 26, 2017.
For more information
- University of Turku: Kirsi Peura (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Mikko Pohjola (email@example.com).
- Åbo Akademi: Salla Keskinen (firstname.lastname@example.org).