Share your breakthrough, win a scholarship, and travel to Berlin!
We are excited to announce the fourth Falling Walls Lab Turku, taking place on May 24, 2017 at the University of Turku. The call for applications is open at http://falling-walls.com/lab/apply until April 26, 2017.
The Falling Walls Lab is a platform for excellent students, academics, entrepreneurs, and professionals from all disciplines to present their research work, business model, or innovative project or idea to their peers and a distinguished jury from academia and business. Each contestant has exactly 3 minutes on stage!
The jury will select a winner, who qualifies directly for the Lab Finale in Berlin on November 8, 2017, as one of 100 international participants (travel costs and accommodation are covered). The winner is also awarded a ticket for the international Falling Walls Conference on November 9, 2017, where some of the most prominent scientists from around the world present their current breakthrough research in 15 minutes each, answering the question “Which are the next walls to fall?”
The three winners of the Lab Finale will receive a cash prize and will get the opportunity to give their talk on the grand stage of the Falling Walls Conference in front of 600 guests – among them institution leaders and decision makers and a worldwide audience via livestream.
Falling Walls Labs take place globally throughout the year. The Turku Lab is hosted by the University of Turku and Åbo Akademi University, and organized by the Aboagora – Between Arts and Sciences Symposium.
-> See brochure (pdf)
- Present your research project, business plan, entrepreneurial or social initiative that is relevant to the world of today – in 3 minutes!
- Convince a top-class jury with members from academia, research institutions and business
- Exchange insights on an interdisciplinary level with fellow researchers and professionals
- Get involved in exciting discussions and network with excellent scientists and professionals
Who can Apply
- We are looking for outstanding young talents and innovative thinkers from all disciplines in Finland, the Nordic, and the Baltic countries
- Students, PhD candidates, post-docs, young professionals, scientists, and entrepreneurs are invited to apply
Application & Deadline
Apply online at http://falling-walls.com/lab/apply by April 26, 2017
May 24, 2017, starting at 11:00 a.m.
University of Turku, Sirkkala Campus, Artium Building, Kaivokatu 12, Janus Hall
Find Us Online
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/1865472163665604/
- Twitter: @Aboagora2012 #FallingWalls17 #FallingWallsTurku
- Instagram: aboagora
- Webpage: http://aboagora.fi/falling-walls-lab/
Send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Falling Walls Lab is a non-profit series of scientific conferences, which aims at building and fostering interdisciplinary connections between young researchers; apart from their own travel costs, participants do not pay any charges. The Falling Walls Lab is a cooperation project between the Falling Walls Foundation and the global management-consulting firm A.T. Kearney.