EXTENDED APPLICATION PERIOD – APPLY BY 20 SEPTEMBER
Business Essentials for Scientists (BES) (2 ECTS) is an introductory course to commercialisation and business development in academia, aimed at doctoral students at ÅAU and UTU.
Come listen and learn from entrepreneurs, researchers and other professionals with first-hand experience in:
- Starting your own company
- Pitching (how to present your research/idea)
- Financing your startup
- Immaterial rights and technology transfer
- Working outside the academia
- Selling, and why it is important
After the course the doctoral student has a basic understanding of business development and commercialisation in the academia, can use and exploit patent databases and the university invention proposal process, knows how to present and sell academic expertise and is equiped with a business mindset.
The course is organized on 9.10., 11.10., 16.10., 18.10., 23.10. and 25.10. The days consist of lectures and workshops between 12:00 and 17:30 – a detailed schedule will be available later. Something to eat and to drink will served in the afternoons.
Maximum ten doctoral students from both University of Turku and Åbo Akademi University will be selected based on a motivation letter. No previous studies in entrepreneurship or business required.
Apply latest by September 20 via e-form: https://survey.abo.fi/lomakkeet/10228/lomake.html
For more information
- Information for the University of Turku doctoral students at Peppi
- University of Turku: Kirsi Peura (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Mikko Pohjola (email@example.com).
- Åbo Akademi: Eva von Haartman (firstname.lastname@example.org)