APPLY NOW for the 2017 Falling Walls Lab Turku!
NB: Due to reasons beyond our control, the contest has been postponed from May to September. We apologise for any inconvenience.
This year’s Falling Walls Lab Turku innovation contest, originally planned for May 24, has been re-scheduled for September 15, and the Call for Applications has been re-opened. The call for applications is open until 15 August 2017.
Share your breakthrough, win a scholarship and travel to the finale in Berlin!
The Falling Walls Lab is a platform for excellent students, academics, entrepreneurs, and professionals from all disciplines to present their research work, business model, or innovative project or idea to their peers and a distinguished jury from academia and business. Each participant has exactly 3 minutes on stage.
The jury will select a winner, who qualifies directly for the Lab Finale in Berlin on November 8, 2017, as one of 100 international participants (travel costs and accommodation are covered). The winner is also awarded a ticket for the international Falling Walls Conference on November 9, 2017, where some of the most prominent scientists from around the world present their current breakthrough research in 15 minutes each, answering the question “Which are the next walls to fall?”
The three winners of the Lab Finale will get the opportunity to give their talk on the grand stage of the Falling Walls Conference in front of 600 guests – among them institution leaders and decision makers and a worldwide audience via livestream. All three winners will also receive a cash prize.
Falling Walls Labs take place globally throughout the year. The Turku Lab is hosted by the University of Turku and Åbo Akademi University, and organized by the Aboagora – Between Arts and Sciences Symposium.
- Present your research project, business plan, entrepreneurial or social initiative that is relevant to the world of today – in 3 minutes!
- Convince a top-class jury with members from academia, research institutions and business.
- Exchange insights on an interdisciplinary level with fellow researchers and professionals.
- Get involved in exciting discussions and network with excellent scientists and professionals.
Who can Apply
- We are looking for outstanding young talents and innovative thinkers from all disciplines around Finland, Nordic, and Baltic countries.
- Bachelor and Master students, PhD candidates, post-docs, young professionals, scientists, and entrepreneurs are invited to apply.
Application & Deadline
Apply online at http://falling-walls.com/lab/apply by 15 August 2017. The applications will be reviewed continuously, and all applicants will receive a reply within 2-3 weeks. Successful applicants will receive the instructions for their presentations with the letter of approval.
The Falling Walls Lab Turku 2017
Time: 15 September, 2017, starting at 11:00 (ending at approximately 17:00)
Place: University of Turku, Sirkkala Campus, Artium Building, Kaivokatu 12, Janus Hall (ground floor)
Find us online
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/1865472163665604/
- Twitter: @Aboagora2012 #FallingWalls17 #FallingWallsTurku
- Instagram: aboagora
- Webpage: http://aboagora.fi/falling-walls-lab/
Send us an email at aboagora[at]utu.fi
The Falling Walls Lab is a non-profit series of scientific conferences, which aims at building and fostering interdisciplinary connections between young researchers; apart from their own travel costs, participants do not pay any charges. The Falling Walls Lab is a cooperation project between the Falling Walls Foundation and the global management-consulting firm A.T. Kearney.